Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Favorite Sights So Far


THE COLOSSEUM 
This thing is so much bigger than you would expect it to be! And it just sits right in the middle of the city. Jaw may have dropped a little bit when I first saw it. 


TREVI FOUNTAIN
They say if you throw a coin in you will come back to Rome one day. Looks like I'm coming back :) 



THE SPANISH STEPS 
Not really sure why they call them Spanish steps... in the middle of Italy. But hey! They are a good place to sit down and eat gelato. 


MICHELANGELO'S MOSES 
Although Bernini's statues that we saw in the Villa Borghese were my favorite, we weren't allowed to take any pictures in there. So although "Apollo and Daphne" and "Rape of Persephone" were my favorite Bernini statues, Michelangelo's Moses was pretty amazing too. 


MUSEO VORAGINI 
This museum was the saddest sight we went to was definitely this museum. Whenever I think WWII I only think of the Jews and the terrible fate that befell them. But the Nazis had control in many more countries than I realized. Their effects left in Rome were just as painful as anywhere else. These graves had pictures of the faces of the people who died at the hand of the Nazis here in Rome. It made it a lot more real. 



No comments:

Post a Comment