Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Ciao Mocha Babies

I don't know why but Italian children are about 20 times more adorable than American children. They all have these huge brown eyes with long lashes and dark curly hair. I don't consider myself a baby-hungry person, but in Italy maybe I am because every time I see one of those cute little things I just want to put them in my pocket and take them home with me! Not like kidnapping though... obviously.. Anyway, our host mom has a 6-year-old granddaughter named Vittoria (VEE-tor-ia... sounds much prettier said the Italian way) who we just met for the first time the other day. She came running into the kitchen yelling Ciao! And then came right up and put her arms around my neck and kissed my cheek. She said "mi chiamo Vittoria" and was not shy at all with us. So cute!! And she has the best long curly brown hair that I hope all of my daughters have. She is probably my favorite Italian besides Cinzia and my host mom that I've met so far. I used to say I wanted a mocha baby but I didn't know what I was talking about! Italian babies take the cake. Guess my only option is to marry an Italian. Che peccato!!

No comments:

Post a Comment