Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Dungeons


My family has always been obsessed with scary stuff. And no we are not crazy animal-sacrificers or Satan-worshipers. We simply like to be scared. We grew up with my grandma telling us scary stories at sleepovers and having scary movie nights at my Aunt Kerri's house. These are some of my favorite memories. And we all still enjoy haunted houses and get giddy over the latest scary movies coming to theaters. So when I discovered that the London Dungeons tour was not just an ordinary historical tour, I was in heaven. Instead of just telling about the history of the dungeons in London, they took us through an underground set made up to look (and smell) like a torture chamber. Then they would tell the stories of Jack the Ripper and Henry VIII's torture methods by acting it out. The lights went off multiple times and more than once I jumped because of someone popping around the corner. It was more like a historical haunted house than anything else. And I was obsessed. Probably one of my favorite things we did in London. My roommate Jill on the other hand hates anything scary with a passion and had just as miserable a time as I had an enjoyable time. But she put on a brave face... probably since we paid 20 pounds to get in and didn't want to let that go to waste. I just kept thinking how my family would love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment