Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Haven't Thrown Away the Key Quite Yet


There is a tradition in Paris for sweethearts to go to the "Love Lock Bridge" on the Seine River and put a lock on the bridge together, adding to the millions of other locks. They then throw their key into the river, symbolizing the permanence of their love. Well, since I went to this bridge with my roommate Jill... and she's not exactly my lover... we thought we would still do something cheesy that would involve our future husbands. We each put our own lock on the bridge, but instead of throwing our keys into the river we are going to keep them. Then when we find that special someone we will "give them the key to our heart" as it were and hopefully return to throw the key in together as husband and wife. Mostly I just want to use this as an excuse to persuade my future husband to take me back to Paris someday and since it's tradition he can't refuse, right? ... Right? 



No comments:

Post a Comment