Saturday, June 28, 2014

Leaving Home

For some reason I never got homesick for Utah. I definitely miss my family and want to be with them, yes. But Utah? Nah, I haven't really been feeling any of that homesickness stuff. Until I left Italy. Siena started to feel like home to me after living there for 5 weeks. I had host parents and ate dinner with them every night. I had a roommate and friends in my program who began to feel like my brothers and sisters. I started to make friends with locals and through practicing my Italian with them, began to feel like I was finally getting a hang of the language. I went on daily runs on the Fortezza with a beautiful view of the city (as seen in the picture below). And then my time was up. Utah is home because that is where my family is, but aside from my family, Siena feels more like home than anywhere else in the world. Sometimes I miss it so bad it hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment