Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Antenna Radio Esse

So not only do I get to travel around the best country in the world and experience all that Italy has to offer, I also get to work here. Yep, resume material baby! I needed something communications oriented since I am a PR major but Italy doesn't have very many internship opportunities. In fact, that's not even a normal thing that they do here. We had each of our positions created especially for our program. Cinzia, being the amazing Italian that she is, managed to find us all something relatively close to our majors with companies here in Italy to work for 4 weeks and get some good old foreign experience. Mine is at a radio station called Antenna Radio Esse. Esse is how you pronounce the letter S in Italian and it stands for Siena. But the station is actually a few towns over in Bedesse... a small run down town full of Asians. I get to take the bus every day by myself and enjoy 20 minutes of beautiful Tuscan countryside to and from work. Since they didn't really have an intern position, they created a spot for me to translate a page of news every day from Italian into English and then record myself in the studio. Afterwards, my boss will listen to it and let me know what to improve on. I'm learning a ton! Not only do I get to interact with Italians every day but I get to experience a little taste of what broadcasting or working at a radio station would be like! Translating is even pretty fun! But dang hard. Italians use about a thousand more words to say something that would take an American half the amount of words. I guess that is why their language is also a thousand times more beautiful... but sometimes trying to get their point across in English can be difficult. And the best part is the internship is only for about 2-3 hours, and then I get to take the rest of my day to explore Siena :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment