Monday, July 1, 2013

Kickin' It With the Elders

Is it just me or does it seem to be a church-wide rule that all of the men's activities have to be uber-duber high adventure or else they will become inactive? Let's face it, they are bribed, while the women in the LDS church get to have sewing and cooking activities. Well. When we found out the elders quorum in my singles ward was going boating for their activity, we decided we had had enough. So what else could my friends and I do but dress up as boys and crash the activity. We showed up at their meeting place and alas... our disguises did not quite cover up our true identities as girls. But we made them laugh enough to where they let us come. Oh yes. We broke the system. And let me tell you it was worth it! It was my first time boating. Ever. And yes, I grew up in Utah, scorn me all you want. But I definitely realize now that I have been missing out! I could probably live out on a boat all day and be happy with my life. Other than the fact that we were the only 3 girls there surrounded by boys, my favorite part was wake-boarding. Believe it or not I actually managed to get up on my second try and from then on I was addicted. Maybe it is the fact that it's a challenge or maybe just because it made me look legit. Whatever the reason, I couldn't get enough. Tubing was a whole different experience because the boys decided it would be fun if we warred. Three tubes attached to the back of the boat and "King of the Tube" became our new favorite game for a good while. One smart fellow decided he wanted to jump from tube to tube and massacre people as they were holding on for dear life. Ya it hurt. But I definitely killed that game. Queen of the tube! So basically I learned from this experience two very important lessons:

#1 Being one of the boys is always a good idea. They're spoiled.

#2 My existence before boating was pathetic. Let's fix that.

No comments:

Post a Comment